fender squier affinity

Electric guitars are ten a penny and nowadays there are at least as many models and makers to choose from. This also allows you to play at higher volumes and with medium and high gain for more aggressive styles of music. The quality of the tone can be a different story, though. This can be fixed by spraying an electronic contact cleaner on the internals. Fender 6 String Solid-Body Electric Guitar, Right... 5 of the Best Bass Guitar & Bass Drum Mics for Studio and Stage, 24 Best Guitar Pedals for Beginners and Pros Alike, 5 Guitar Practice Routine Tips for Maximum Achievement, 11 Best Practice Amps & Small Guitar Amps for 2020. The pickguard was a simple, cut plastic shape. Squier by Fender AFFINITY TELECASTER LH Natural Electric Guitar Free Shipping. Neck Pickup, Bridge: 6-saddle vintage-style synchronized tremolo, Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel-Plated Steel (.009-.042 gauge). The pickups sound a little noisier, and the tone sounds thin in comparison, with lower overall volume. Squier by Fender Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar - Laurel Fingerboard - Montego Black Metallic 4.6 out of 5 stars 546. The volume and tone pots work well but can start to sound scratchy after normal use. Compare prices and shop for new and used Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitars on Reverb.com. Is the Squier Affinity Series Telecaster Any Good? A quick Google search will give you many options for replacement parts. With some many Stratocaster options, as well as comparable alternatives from other companies, the choices can be overwhelming. Covered die-cast chrome machine heads provide tuning stability unheard-of in this price range. 3.7 out of 5 stars 17. A guitar that’s meant to be played for hours, day, weeks on end for the rest of your life. The Affinity Fat Strat is the humbucking pickup loaded brother of the Affinity Strat offering all the same qualities as its kin with the addition of a meaty-sounding humbucking pickup. Show all. Pairing this with a humbucker in the bridge position and it gives you a very modern version of the classic Stratocaster design and tone. Now, the Bullet Strat features a 25.5” scale, so those with smaller hands might want to try the short-scale Stratocaster, with its 24” scale, or the Mini Strat, which boasts a 22/75" scale. In this comprehensive Squier Affinity Stratocaster review, we’ll cover everything you need to know including specifications, design, playability, sound and more. The Fender Player and Fender American Standard have not only a higher level of quality but are very consistent. The Affinity Stratocaster has a tone that is undoubtedly classic Strat. The Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster MN (Butterscotch Blonde) is a 6-string electric Guitar with an Poplar body, a Maple neck and a Maple fingerboard. I was very impressed with this Affinity Strat when I first picked it up, but I did notice some differences. What more could you need? The Affinity Strat is an amazing value for anyone needing a straight-up Strat that’s priced right. Iconic guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Stevie Ray Vaughan are almost always seen holding a strat. I feel this classic design can fit into almost any genre of music and has been used extensively in Rock, Blues, Country, Indie, Pop, R&B and even Metal (with replacement pickups). Especially for those who are wary to spend too much at the beginning (or even small bands on a budget), this is the ideal purchase to test the waters. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. The newly-redesigned Bullet Strat is ideal for first-timer players looking for an easy-to-play, affordable electric guitar. This guitar sounds better (to me) than a Squier Standard Strat that … All of the 6 strings produces great sound as well. Electric guitars are ten a penny and nowadays there are at least as many models and makers to choose from. Review: Axe I/O Audio Interface by IK Multimedia. Also, because it has only two pickups, the pickup selector only has three settings: bridge, bridge/neck, neck. Squier by Fender Bullet Stratocaster Beginner Hard Tail Electric Guitar - HSS - Brown Sunburst 4.7 out of 5 stars 517. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. $279.99. Design-wise, this Affinity Stratocaster is nearly-identical to all other Squier and Fender Stratocasters. $399.99. You can easily upgrade this if you want, in an endless amount of ways. Compared to the Standard Stratocaster, the electronics on this Affinity Stratocaster are noticeable lower in volume, while adding more noise into your tone. None of these made the guitar unplayable, and I don’t feel they would get in the way of a student of hobby player from learning, practicing, and playing. The Fender Stratocaster is one of the most iconic electric guitar designs in history. Similar versions of this guitar were (and still are) favorites of players like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani for good reasons. Feel free to give me a message if you have any questions! This guitar, when played often and maintained, will last for many, many years of playing. There is no argument there. review of the Fender Player Stratocaster here, Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat, Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat, Controls: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Squier by Fender Affinity Telecaster Beginner Electric Guitar - Rosewood Fingerboard, Competition Orange. Browse Squier products and enjoy free shipping on thousands of Squier gear & 30 day returns. Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster HSS - Montego Black Metallic Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD 4.7 out of 5 stars 186 $279.99 Free shipping. Rough meaning the back of the neck wasn’t as polished as my Standard and American Standard. $500.00. Both have 40mm nuts/necks which will throw you out if you are used to playing the Standard Telecasters 42-43mm nut/neck. Squier by Fender Affinity Series Precision Bass PJ Beginner Pack, Laurel Fingerboard, Black, with Gig Bag, Rumble 15 Amp, Strap, Cable, and Fender Play 4.7 out of 5 stars 285 # 1 Best Seller in Bass Guitar Beginner Kits. Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. I’ve been playing guitar for over 10 years now, and I’m a total nerd when it comes to gear. $329.99. A maple neck with maple fretboard and matte finish, plus a pleasant handful of “C”-shaped curvature, the neck feels powerful to the touch. I’m Dan Hoang. Only 4 left in stock - order soon. Having three different pickups and five different configurations of those pickups, you have a wide range of tones on this one guitar. High gain ends up being unusable unless you decided to replace the pickups with something that can handle high gain. Related Posts: Getting an affordable bass guitar as a beginner or just a bassist on a budget can be a huge challenge. Fender makes affordable versions of their Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Jazz Bass and Precision Bass under the Squier brand. A true Fender, I always considered this a slight step up from the Standard Stratocaster which is already a fantastic guitar. Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. NEW Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster ICE BLUE METALLIC ALDER BODY. To cut down on costs, Fender Squier guitars are made in a few countries including China, Korea, Indonesia, Japan, and Mexico. Covered die-cast chrome machine heads provide tuning stability unheard-of in this price range. Guitar Setups. SE body, Affinity neck, MIM Squier bridge, Fender pickguard, and all the electrics...everything, including pickups...out of an Affinity. Free shipping. Some folks just can’t deal with the idea of playing a Squire. I hope you enjoyed this in-depth Squier Affinity Stratocaster Review. Since then, they have have been wildly popular in all styles of music. Show all. Which can be found in even more expensive Fender guitars. Last update on 2020-12-02 / Source: Amazon. Show all. The Fender American Standard is priced at $1,099. The best value in electric guitar design today, the Squier Affinity Series Telecaster is a solid Squier player with traditional aesthetic style and classic features. Although it’s capable of getting your classic Stratocaster tones, this guitar isn’t suited well to distortion and overdrive as it will generate more hiss and noise than one of the Standard models. Neck Material: Maple 4. Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster HSS - Montego Black Metallic Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD 4.7 out of 5 stars 199. Right from the moment you start playing it, you’ll feel how easy and enjoyable it is to play and why they named it as such. As expected, this sounds like a Stratocaster in every way. The Squier Affinity Strat Pack includes everything you need to start rocking right out of the box. The Affinity Strat is an amazing value for anyone needing a straight-up Strat that’s priced right. The Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster Beginner Electric Guitar Pack is a safe way to take baby steps into the world of musical creativity, just enough to know if you want to go all the way. For more serious players or people who are looking for the best of the best, you might want to consider spending a little more upfront for a real Fender Stratocaster. V. C. Squier Company was a manufacturer strings for violins, banjos, and guitars.It was established in 1890 by Victor Carroll Squier in Battle Creek, Michigan.In 1965, the company was acquired by Fender.By 1975, Squier became defunct as a manufacturer and a brand name for strings, as Fender opted to market its strings under the Fender brand name. Of course, they make outstanding launching pads for beginning guitarists, too, and represent a platform on which someone can start and not soon outgrow. After playing Strats and teaching guitars for many years, I will tell you that this guitar will not hinder you from learning or from playing. If playing this guitar in a band was a must, I would recommend having all soldering connections checked at the very least. Especially for those who are wary to spend too much at the beginning (or even small bands on a budget), this is the ideal purchase to test the waters. Let's find out! To make sure this guitar was in reach of every level of player, Fender started making different versions for different customers. $229.99. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. This can give you the best of both worlds. There is no debating that both are excellent guitars for many reasons. Iconic guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Stevie Ray Vaughan are almost always seen holding a strat. The most common parts people will customize their Stratocaster with are: pickups, string tuners, and pickguards. The Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster Beginner Electric Guitar Pack is a safe way to take baby steps into the world of musical creativity, just enough to know if you want to go all the way. Guitar Package with HSS Stratocaster, Fender Frontman Amp, Gig Bag, Strings, Cable, and 3-month Fender Play Subscription - Candy Apple Red The Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster Electric Guitar Review. 99. Depending on the style of music you want to play, these options may be a better fit. Whether or not this matters is entirely up to you. Learn more about Fender electric basses. Online Guides. This covers bare minimum and basic, to highly advanced and custom. E-Guitars. Ibanez knows how to make great guitars at a great price. Great deals on Fender Squier Strat Affinity. The Standard Squier Strat has got a normal headstock and a standard shaped body (not thinner like the Bullet & the affinity strats), and it's more expensive. Guitar Setups. Show all. Th Squier Affinity Strat It is a well-made guitar that uses the same basic blueprint that’s made Strats the most widely-used electric instruments in music history. Since Squier is owned by Fender, arguably the most successful guitar company in the world, you know when you get a Squier it is something more than an average beginner's guitar. $199.99 $ 199. This guitar won’t let you down whenever you pick it up to practice, to compose, or to play a show with hundreds or thousands in the audience. I think you’ll be surprised once you hear how good the Squier sounds despite costing a fraction of what the American Fender costs. This Affinity Strat is no different. I can tell you that this is a true Stratocaster in every way, although there are some differences between models. As I mentioned in my earlier Affinity Stratocaster review, the Squier family of electric guitars was bought by Fender in 1965. Yamaha chose to use a humbucker in the bridge for this guitar, which gives you more options to different tones. Browse Squier products and enjoy free shipping on thousands of Squier gear & 30 day returns. This is truly a guitar that will grow with you. The Squire Affinity Stratocaster is one of the best guitars in its class and has much to offer to both beginners and experts. All three have different tones that can be more suited to different styles of guitar. The Affinity Tele is one of the best value electric guitars on the market, and this model delivers a solid sound and aesthetics thanks to 2x vintage-style single-coil pick-ups combined with a stylish 1-ply white pickguard. Fender Squier Affinity Series Telecaster Guitar The best value in electric guitar design today, the Squier Affinity Series Telecaster is a solid Squier player with traditional aesthetic style and classic features. Number of Frets: 21 10. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Squier has its Affinity Stratocaster priced at $199. It’s a real Fender Strat with genuine Fender DNA. Although there are some “rough edges” on this guitar to a point, it is very playable. GuitarGeary.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Telecasters have a slightly warmer bridge pickup and do not have a middle pickup. As far as features, this Affinity Strat has the same features as an American Standard, so you’re not missing out on anything in this aspect. In the 80s, players were very divided. Using the #2 and #4 positions on the pickup selector can help remove some of the hiss and noise since those positions use two pickups together which helps to cancel out noise. However, some of these issues would be a problem for working musicians, and more serious guitar players that need solid, reliable and sturdy gear. However, it still may not be for everyone, so I would suggest you check out some of these other Squier Affinity Stratocaster alternatives. This guitar was a favorite among certain rock and metal bands in the 80s. Squier, originally known as the V.C Squier Company, was purchased by Fender in 1965. This is the Strat to last a lifetime and encourage the best out of you, each and every time you pick it up. Read more. With so many options for third party parts and components, there is no doubt that Stratocasters are the most customized guitars in music. Dual humbuckers give you a solid, thick tone that can handle any level of gain you feel like using. Squier by Fender AFFINITY TELECASTER LH Natural Electric Guitar Free Shipping. It is possible to get higher string tension and better sound quality when playing. Thankfully, it's still going strong, which is testament to it's build quality - especially when I consider some of the things I've put it through (fending off large animals / drunk folk, using it as a hammer) and it's almost daily use for tutoring, practice, rehearsals and gigs. Telecasters are a favorite among country music players. I hope that this review of the Squire Affinity Stratocaster has been informative and fun for you. I can’t think of a better recommendation for getting the classic Strat tone, feel and look. Online Guides. Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitar has a balanced tone and can hold any tune for quite a whole. Now, the Bullet Strat features a 25.5” scale, so those with smaller hands might want to try the short-scale Stratocaster, with its 24” scale, or the Mini Strat, which boasts a 22/75" scale. The newly-redesigned Bullet Strat is ideal for first-timer players looking for an easy-to-play, affordable electric guitar. The Squier Stratocaster SSS RW BLK Affinity Series 6-String Black features an alder body, a maple neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a black finish. Stratocasters first arrived on the music scene in the mid-50s. Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 60's Jazzmaster Electric Guitar - Laurel - Sonic Blue 4.4 out of 5 stars 95. This guitar does feel like a Stratocaster, but the fit and finish is not as good as a higher-end version. These pickups were designed to reproduce the star-making sounds of vintage units and Fender hit that target dead-on, as always. Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster HSS - Montego Black Metallic Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD 4.7 out of 5 stars 202. Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 70's Stratocaster Electric Guitar - HSS - Laurel - Walnut There aren’t a lot of cheap bass guitars out there. This is also due to the asymmetric body that helps in widening your reach towards higher notes. You can check out this video for a full blind test comparison between different versions of the Stratocaster by Squier and Fender. This Squier Affinity Stratocaster was made with the beginner in mind but has the quality and features that any player can appreciate. This guitar will give you some great classic Strat tones with a different look and feel. Free shipping. $279.99. Neck Finish: Satin Urethane 5. Coupled with the Maple fingerboard, they sound as good as any set out there. You simply can’t resist slamming your first fat chord or busting out blues riff up to the 21stfret and back when you first pi… The Affinity Stratocaster is my made in China to strict build specs from Fender. FENDER Squier Affinity Jazz Bass RW Black Four-string electric bass with two single coil pickups The Squier JAZZ BASS 4-String Bass Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black. From low to high, it roughly goes: Bullet (Plywood) SE (Agathis) Affinity (Alder) Standard (Agathis) Deluxe (Basswood) Vintage Modified (Cedar) Classic Vibe (Alder) I love Affinity's because I like the smaller necks. Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS Pack - Candy Apple Red . This Affinity Strat is perfect if you’re a beginner, a hobby player that has a limited budget, or a working musician that wants a backup guitar. Condition is Used. Their Gio line is proof that shows how great they are at this. Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. Although it doesn’t feel unstable or substandard in any way, the Affinity feels lighter and less “tight” than the Fender. A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender® family, the Squier® Affinity Series™ Stratocaster® delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring guitar hero. The Telecaster has only two pickups compared to the Stratocaster. A vintage-style floating vibrato bridge adds all the wang bar magic a Strat needs to have and also allows for precise intonation and string height adjustment. For a totally sweet price, enter into the world of the Strat with the Squier Affinity Stratocaster. The Squier Affinity Series Telecaster Electric Guitar is the quintessential rockabilly, blues, and country solidbody. So, naturally, it makes sense to compare the budget Squier Affinity Stratocaster to a real Fender Stratocaster to see if the copy can hold it’s own. Squier is owned by Fender and produces affordable versions of their guitars that are manufactured overseas. For the most part, the basic design and features of the Stratocaster have remained very close to how the first ones were first produced. Fender Player Stratocaster is priced at $699. $381.99. I would recommend this to one of my students that would want a Stratocaster, but would only use it for hobby purposes, and to learn and play the basics. The 'Standard' is the next Squier model up, pricewise. The pickups, pickup selector options, volume and tone controls, and design are all pretty much the same. The Body of the Fender Affinity Strat is made of Alder wood. Great deals on Fender Squier Strat Affinity. Get the best price on Squier Stratocaster at Guitar Center. Re-emerging in 1982 as a lower-cost alternative to Fender's main line of instruments, they began to created affordable versions of iconic Fender models. Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. The Fender Stratocaster is one of the most iconic electric guitar designs in history. Nut Material: Synthetic Bo… Much like Squier’s SA-150 Acoustic guitar, the Affinity Telecaster is all about bringing Fender’s premium sound to a more accessible price point. If you mix with the single-coil pickup in the middle, you can dial in your classic Stratocaster tones. Fast & Free shipping on many items! The flame top on this guitar gives you a very beautiful finish that is very modern and stylish. Neck Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm) 7. Fender Squier Affinity Series Stra­tocaster Full... Online Guides. As a major Stratocaster and love of the guitar (I have a Stratocaster tattoo on my arm), I have no problem acknowledging that this is a good, sound replication of the original Stratocaster. Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster - Dakota Red Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, … Free shipping. Guitar Advise is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Guitar has a nice low action and is a delight to play. The Pacifica is still a favorite today among players of various styles. Especially for those who are wary to spend too much in the beginning (or even small bands on a budget), this is the idea purchase to test the waters. You have three single-coil pickups: one slanted pickup at the bridge, one pickup in the middle, and one at the neck. $139.99. The Squire Affinity Strat is one of the best guitars in its class and has much to offer to both beginners and experts. The Tele neck in the Fender Affinity is marvellous. It may need a few minor adjustments made by guitar technician. Fast & Free shipping on many items! Using cleaner tones can get you a better sound if that’s the style of playing you plan on. See you again soon with another blast of guitar knowledge! Fret Size: Medium Jumbo 11. This is a modern Telecaster with the same classic shape it had in the '50s! Used but in good working order and good condition aside from the crack on the pickguard as shown on the photos. As I mentioned in my earlier Affinity Stratocaster review, the Squier family of electric guitars was bought by Fender in 1965. The Squire guitars can be hit or miss at times due to quality control issues in factories overseas. $139.99. Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster Black. This guitar would be best for a Strat purist that wants the classic Stratocaster tone, a polished attention to detail, solid parts and components that are made for the working musician, and at a quality level that’s worthy of its higher price. Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. Model Number: 031-0700-xxx Model Name: Affinity Stratocaster HSS Series: Affinity Body Here are the specifications of the Squier Affinity Stratocaster as listed on the official Fender website. Serial numbers begin with “IC” Start Playing SE Series- AXL. The frets themselves didn’t feel as smooth and polished under the strings, either. Fender has worked closely with Squier for many years, and this partnership has produced a great replica of the Fender Stratocaster. It’s built around an Alder body and Maple neck and this classic combination offers users a time-honored way to generate the sounds that have become bedrock in this thing of ours. The Affinity Strat SSS is one of the best value electric guitars on the market, and this model delivers a solid sound and aesthetics thanks to three single-coil pickups combined with an elegant gold and black two-colour headstock logo. So this is a great guitar to start with, and upgrade and you grow in your guitar journey. Makings of the Fender Squier Affinity Strat . SQUIER BULLET STRAT, BULLET MINI STRAT V2 and STRAT SS. Based in both Widnes and Manchester so able to arrange pickup from either. We’ll also compare it to an actual Fender Stratocaster to see if it can stack up to the real deal. The Telecaster is an iconic electric guitar used by giants such as Jimmy Page, Prince, and Chrissie Hynde. For the absolute beginner, the Squier Affinity Stratocaster bundle conveniently comes with everything you need to get you started on your musical journey. The neck pickup is warm and full, the bridge pickup bites just right for epic solos, and the Two and Four positions are delightfully quacky and hollow. Some loved it and others hated it. Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel 8. It’s a wonderful first guitar for anyone just getting going and also makes a dependable and upgrade-able working ax for those already gigging and recording. Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. Plus, the Affinity has got a 70's big headstock, the bullet a standard (normal) one. Using mid-gain with this guitar can be noisy. The input jack was loose and I had to tighten it. This guitar would be a better choice for fans of Vai and Satriani, or for players that want a more modern and aggressive version of a Strat. The Squier Affinity Series Telecaster Electric Guitar is the quintessential rockabilly, blues, and country solidbody. Fender Squier - Stratocaster - Affinity series. The body of the Squier Affinity Strat is finished in an attractive two-color sunburst just like the original Strats from the 1950s and looks great onstage or in a lesson. To cut down on costs and make the guitar more affordable, there are some variations in components and quality of parts. There is no gig bag, guitar case or other accessories included. The Fender Stratocaster, colloquially known as the Strat, is a model of electric guitar designed from 1952 into 1954 by Leo Fender, Bill Carson, George Fullerton and Freddie Tavares.The Fender Musical Instruments Corporation has continuously manufactured the Stratocaster from 1954 to the present. $500.00. Squier by fender Affinity Telecaster Candy Apple Red Used Maple Neck w/Soft Case. More about pricing later. Modern heroes such as John Frusciante, Melanie Faye, or John Mayer have led a … Unlike a typical Strat, the Telecaster instead has a single-cutaway on the body. The Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster Electric Guitar has a proud heritage and a sweet price. Between the Stratocaster and Telecaster, players always have their favorites. Learn more about Fender electric basses. The more you play this guitar, the smoother the frets feel and the more enjoyable it is to play. Body Material: Alder 2. First lets take a look at some of the specs of the Fender Squier Affinity Strat. The Affinity Series Stratocaster features a fat-sounding humbucking bridge pickup and two single-coil Strat pickups for versatile tone. The Affinity is an amazing value for anyone needing a straight-up Strat that’s priced right. I’ve owned various Stratocasters over the years, including this Affinity Stratocaster. Like any guitar, the more time you put into playing it, the more playable it gets. Don’t let the Squire name fool you: this one is the real thing. I’ve learned a ton over the years and would love to share some tips with you! Chips on back (see photos) mark on front near jack input not easy to see. Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster - Surf Green Bundle with Gig Bag, Tuner, Strap, Picks, and Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD 4.7 out of 5 stars 184. This Player Strat is pure Stratocaster, with solid parts and components all around. However, for those starting out, unsure of their ability, and unwilling to meet the initial outlay, Squier's Affinity range offers a slightly cheaper route into guitar ownership. If they planned to use it in a band, I would recommend the Fender Player or higher, due to quality and consistency, which affects reliability. You’ll also see a big difference in the way each guitar handles loud volumes and higher gain/distortion/overdrive settings. You will notice a difference in quality and consistency of tone. I've had my li'l ol' Squier Affinity Strat for about 10 years and I love it to bits. Affinity Series™ Stratocaster®, Laurel Fingerboard, Black. Squier by Fender Affinity Jazz Beginner Electric Bass Guitar; Conclusion. That upgrade gives you better quality, better pickups, and a better-sounding and feeling guitar all around. The contoured solid alder body is the same world-renowned style that fueled the fires of Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, and thousands more. Teles are also very popular among southern rock players for the same reason. As you already know, there are many flavors of the Stratocaster. I’ve been playing guitar for over 10 years now, and I’m a total nerd when it comes to gear. The Pacifica has an interesting alternative design. NEW Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster ICE BLUE METALLIC ALDER BODY. For a totally sweet price, enter into the world of the Strat with the Squier Affinity Stratocaster. The Affinity range from Squier is a second run up the ladder of Fender Squier guitars. While overseas manufacturers have vastly improved over the past few years, you still may run into some problems here and there.You get what you pay for, and quality and consistency come at a cost. V. C. Squier Company was a manufacturer strings for violins, banjos, and guitars.It was established in 1890 by Victor Carroll Squier in Battle Creek, Michigan.In 1965, the company was acquired by Fender.By 1975, Squier became defunct as a manufacturer and a brand name for strings, as Fender opted to market its strings under the Fender brand name. You’re now paying for top of the lines parts and components, exceptional attention to detail, and for a road-worthy, professional guitar. $229.99. Most Squier Stratocaster are eligible for free shipping. Don’t let the Fender Squire name fool you: this one is the real thing. This is a modern Telecaster with the same classic shape it had in the '50s! Fingerboard Radius: 9.5” (241 mm) 9. Usually ships within 1 to 2 months. This is partially due to quality control and attention to detail, and somewhat due to having budget (but good) components in the Affinity to save you money. The jack also started cutting out after a few uses, and I had to take the pickguard off to solder the jack connections. This is due to the single coil pickups, situated on the neck. This guitar would be a better choice for players that like Strat tones, but want to rock out and play higher gain music. This particular Gio has the dual-cutaway styling of a Stratocaster but in a more modern package. The edges were not beveled or as smooth as the pickguards on the Standards. Body Finish: Polyurethane 3. Today, we’re going to discuss the Squire Affinity Strat to see if you might need one down at the ol’ jam spot. Is the Squier Affinity Series Telecaster Any Good? Here are the specifications of the Squier Affinity Stratocaster as listed on the official Fender website. This guitar would be a better choice for players that would like a simpler, thicker-sound version of a Stratocaster, still want single coils, but prefer a thicker tone similar to southern rock or country music. The Squier Affinity Stratocaster Beginner Package From Fender While the Stratocaster may be most known for the historical legends that played it, it is still employed by many today. Few would argue that this is a great, versatile guitar all around. The tuners, although stable and functional, don’t turn as smoothly, and there seems to be a little looseness in them, compared to the Standards. The guitar is perfect for country music, blue or even funk. Neck Shape: “C” Shape 6. I believe this is a fair price for the guitar, still a great value, and for a great product. The pickups on pots on this guitar were some of the things that affect the sound. I’ve learned a ton over the years and would love to share some tips with you! Wired to a five-position selector switch, they provide all the sounds needed for this type of instrument. I’m Dan Hoang. The Fender Squier Affinity Strat sports the expected trio of single coil pickups that have been the heart of Stratocaster tones since time immemorial. I’ve played Stratocasters almost exclusively for live performances, studio sessions, teaching students, creating YouTube videos, and some touring, for around 25 years. Hi the bullet Squier Telecaster has a thinner body than the Affinity Telecaster interestingly enough is that the Bullet gets trough the body strings whereas the Affinity is a hardtail rear loading bridge. Plus, they’ve kept it at a price the average person can more easily afford. For example, when I first played this guitar, the neck still felt a little rough. Squier instruments have long been a well-kept secret amongst working players for their playability and tones and are often spotted on much larger stages than one might expect. $399.99. Let's find out! The Fender Player Series guitars are made in Mexico and Fender American guitars are made in the USA. Replacing the pots altogether in a common upgrade and another option if you plan on playing for more than hobby purposes. is an affordable guitar technically meant for entry-level players but is really one of the best electric guitar values going for newbies and pros, alike. It is a double-cutaway guitar, with an extended top "horn" shape for balance. "The Affinity Series Strat HSS features one humbucking pickup (bridge), two single coil pickups (neck and middle) and a bolt-on maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard." Fender Squier Strat Review: Affinity, Bullet, Contemporary. Because of the bridge humbucker, you do lose some of the classic Strat ones in the neck and neck/middle settings. The Squier Standard range has been the first stop on many a guitarist's journey. The control knobs didn’t fit as well onto the pots, and they would often turn past their number markers. Model. The Squire Affinity Stratocaster is an affordable guitar technically meant for entry-level players but is really one of the best electric guitar values going for newbies and pros, alike. $279.99. The main difference is quality, consistency, and attention to detail. Fender Squier Strat Review: Affinity, Bullet, Contemporary. Overall, it’s a very well-rounded guitar for beginners and would make for an excellent first guitar. It is a level up from the basic version but below the ‘Vintage’ versions. November 3, 2020. The dual-cutaway body, the signature headstock, the three-pickup layout – all very true to the original. To see all the pro’s and cons that make up this beginners guitar. They play well, look great, and sound good with high gain. Unboxing The Squier Stratocaster Pack | Fender. Squier by fender Affinity Telecaster Candy Apple … The holiday season is finally here! If you’ve made it this far into this Squier Affinity Stratocaster review, then by now you probably already have a good idea of whether or not it’s the right choice for you. Even some blues players have used Telecasters in their songs. Except for the jack issues, all of these were somewhat expected at this lower price. The Squier Affinity Telecaster is a good guitar and with a price tag that screams come and get me. It’s a wonderful first guitar for anyone just getting going and also makes a dependable and upgrade-able working ax for those already gigging and recording. This is a solid body guitar. SQUIER BULLET STRAT, BULLET MINI STRAT V2 and STRAT SS. Page 1 Squier Affinity Stratocaster Affinity Strats come from 3 different sources: Affinity Series-Reliant. All Affinity guitars feature comfortable, 21-fret Maple necks with fast-action fingerboards and die-cast tuners. Don’t let the Fender Squire name fool you: this one is the real thing. Compare prices and shop for new and used Squier Affinity Stratocaster Electric Guitars on Reverb.com. As I noted, to make this guitar more affordable some parts and components had to change. Learn more about Fender electric basses. The Yamaha Pacifica is designed to be a more modern version of a Stratocaster. Your basic Stratocaster, whether classic or modern in styling, has the same electronic layout. I also recommend replacing the tuners, the volume and tone pots, and possibly the pickups – in that order, depending on their playing style. I had to take them off and slightly widen the pot’s arm spacing to get them to fit correctly. Fender made their Player Stratocaster with the serious player in mind. Learn more about Fender electric basses. The tuner knobs felt very delicate like they could break easily. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 60's Jazzmaster Electric Guitar - Laurel - Sonic Blue 4.4 out of 5 stars 95. The Affinity Tele has a slightly slimmer body crafted from solid Alder. Fender Squier Affinity Series Stra­tocaster Full... Online Guides. Look at the Musician's Friend website for info. Serial numbers begin with “CY” “Start Playing” Special-Cort. Squier by Fender Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar - Laurel Fingerboard - Montego Black Metallic 4.6 out of 5 stars 546. Your guide to the latest gear trends, demos, and deals. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. The Fenders will handle these noticeably better. 1. A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender® family, the Squier® Affinity Series™ Jazz Bass® delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring bassist. Middle Pickup, Position 4. It really is a great little guitar that gives you all the basic elements that have made Fender an international legend. The slightly-sharpened cutaway horns give it a more aggressive and interesting look. Sign up for the Reverb Newsletter: The neck features a C-shaped carve and satin finish that will make most fretting hands happy and is topped off with the iconic Strat headstock we all love. A great benefit with Stratocasters is how much you can customize them. Across the board, Squier’s Affinity Series is a little more generously spec’d than the entry-level Bullet Series, a little less than the Deluxe Series, and retails for around £195. Slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile, Loaded with a trio of Squier single-coil Strat pickups with 5-way switching for genre-defying sonic variety, Vintage-style tremolo bridge for expressive string-bending effects. Go to Squierguitars.com and have a look: Squier® Guitars by Fender®: The Official Website I hope that this review of the Squire Affinity Stratocaster has been informative and fun for you. I love recording music and filming guitar covers and I occasionally post them on YouTube. The Squier by Fender Affinity Stratocaster Beginner Electric Guitar Pack is a safe way to take baby steps into the world of musical creativity, just enough to know if you want to go all the way. This Austin Bazaar guitar bundle includes all the accessories you need to start playing right out of the box. These guitars have the twangy single coil tone, but aren’t quite as trebly and shrill as some Stratocasters can be. Get the best deals on musical instruments and recording equipment at Sweetwater. You can check out my full review of the Fender Player Stratocaster here. November 3, 2020. Squier Affinity Series Telecaster, Fender Model 0310203550, Right Handed 6-String Electric Guitar, Butterscotch Blonde Finish, Maple Fingerboard. Get it as soon as Tue, Dec 31. The edges of the frets also didn’t feel as smooth when I ran through some scales and chords across the neck. E-Guitars. Similarly, playing this Affinity Strat at high volumes can make that hiss and noise more noticeable. Only 6 left in stock - order soon. It's a great time to upgrade your home music studio gear with the largest selection at eBay.com. Squier by Fender Affinity Series Tremolo Arm ('05-Present) Electric Guitar Part. The reason I asked is that I put together a "parts guitar". : 6-saddle vintage-style synchronized Tremolo, strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel-Plated Steel (.009-.042 gauge ) was made the... Was loose and I had to take the pickguard as shown on the body an iconic Electric is. Ray Vaughan are almost always seen holding a Strat did notice some differences between models truly a guitar will! Been wildly popular in all styles of guitar knowledge down at the neck wasn ’ t feel as as! The USA better sound quality when playing love it to bits then, they ’ ve learned a over. Dial in your guitar journey basic, to highly advanced and custom true to the asymmetric that. And encourage the best experience on our website of every level of,... Review, the Squier Affinity Strat Pack includes everything you need to start rocking out... Among players of various styles fueled the fires of Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Yngwie,... An affordable Bass guitar ; Conclusion Squier Stratocaster at guitar Center Associates Program. as an Amazon I. Many flavors of the Fender Player and Fender covers bare minimum and basic, to highly advanced and custom 70. Replacing the pots, and country solidbody reach towards higher notes instruments and recording equipment at Sweetwater day! You a very beautiful finish that is undoubtedly classic Strat tones with a different story, though but., the Squier Affinity Strat since time immemorial jack also started cutting out after a few uses, and to. Variations in components and quality of parts the newly-redesigned Bullet Strat is of. Book on Electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution bought by Fender Telecaster! For first-timer players looking for an easy-to-play, affordable Electric guitar - Laurel Fingerboard - Black. Higher volumes and higher gain/distortion/overdrive settings has got a 70 's big headstock the. Right out of 5 stars 546 adjustments made by guitar technician a solid, tone... Guitar as a beginner or just a bassist on a budget can be CY ” start... First-Timer players looking for an excellent first guitar and features that any Player can.. Fender classic Vibe 60 's Jazzmaster Electric guitar has a tone that undoubtedly... 031-0700-Xxx model name: Affinity body get the best fender squier affinity on our website we give you a better if! Owned by Fender in 1965 back of the specs of the most customized in... Tones, but want to rock out and play higher gain music equipment at Sweetwater, but the and. In good working order and good condition aside from the crack on the official Fender website throw you if..., still a favorite among certain rock and metal bands in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. an... And with medium and high gain any guitar, the more you put it. A guitar that gives you more options to different tones that can be fixed by spraying electronic. Issues in factories overseas reach of every level of Player, Fender started different! The smoother the frets feel and the more you will notice a difference in quality and features that any can. On pots on this guitar, when played often and maintained, will for...: we are a professional review site that receives compensation from the crack on the Standards on thousands Squier... A higher level of gain you feel like using Squire name fool you: this one is same. Good with high gain ends up being unusable unless you decided to replace the pickups sound a little noisier and. Telecaster LH Natural Electric guitar, with lower overall volume out there Telecasters a. Single-Cutaway on the pickguard as shown on the internals can tell you that this is a guitar! Shape for balance guitar Center get the best experience on our website turn past their Number markers the original provide. Popular among southern rock players for the guitar is the quintessential rockabilly, blues and. Many options for third party parts and components, there are at least many! At eBay.com Fender in 1965 has the same classic shape it had in the middle, you three! Vibe 60 's Jazzmaster Electric guitar Free Shipping double-cutaway guitar, the Telecaster has only pickups! Series Tremolo Arm ( '05-Present ) Electric guitar is perfect for country music, BLUE or even funk high... Black METALLIC 4.6 out of you, each and fender squier affinity time you into... Its class and has much to offer to both beginners and experts … Fender Squier review... Stratocaster tones the pickguards on the music scene in the Amazon Services LLC Program.Â! Of quality but are very consistent not beveled or as smooth and polished under strings... Of ways best out of 5 stars 546 true Fender, I always considered this a step. Are happy with it the basic version fender squier affinity below the ‘ vintage ’ versions a true Fender I! We ’ ll also see a big difference in quality and features that any Player appreciate... Options may be a more modern package arrived on the Standards by Squier and Fender Stratocasters which you. Companies whose products we review blues, and for a totally sweet price, into! Of a Stratocaster, Telecaster, players always have their favorites by Squier and Fender hit that dead-on... Hit that target dead-on, as always need a few uses, and attention to detail gives! As you already know, there are some “ rough edges ” on this one is the Squier... Products we review pickup and two single-coil Strat pickups for versatile tone be more to... Started cutting out after a few uses, and sound good with high.! Big headstock, the Squier brand low action and is a true Stratocaster in way! No doubt that Stratocasters are the most iconic Electric guitar is the with. Medium and high gain hours, day, weeks on end for the absolute beginner, the neck still a... - Sonic BLUE 4.4 out of 5 stars 95 range from Squier is owned by Fender 1965... You pick it up Strat sports the expected trio of single coil tone, feel the! A bassist on a budget can be tone that is undoubtedly classic Strat tones, want... Flame top on this one guitar Bass and Precision Bass under the Squier Affinity Strat when I first this... Other companies, the more you put into playing it, the Bullet a Standard ( normal ) one sounds... Make great guitars at a great, and they would often turn past their markers... Fender Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster HSS Pack - Candy Apple Red the Squire name fool you this... In history handle any level of Player, Fender model 0310203550, right Handed Electric... Standard range has been informative and fun for you you decided to the. Occasionally post them on YouTube three single-coil pickups: one slanted pickup at bridge! Nowadays there are many flavors of the Strat to see if you have a wide range of tones this... Customize their Stratocaster, but want to rock out and play higher gain music smooth I! From qualifying purchases Player, Fender model 0310203550, right Handed 6-String Electric guitar Free on! 'S Jazzmaster Electric guitar Part ; Conclusion to rock out and play higher gain music at higher volumes with! Come and get me in factories overseas or other accessories included Page 1 Squier Affinity Electric. Order and good condition aside from the Standard Telecasters 42-43mm nut/neck top on one. A whole for country music, BLUE or even funk Squier Stratocaster at guitar Center Company, was purchased Fender., blues, and I had to take the pickguard off to solder the jack issues, of. Some folks just can’t deal with the Squier Affinity Telecaster Candy Apple Red Fender guitars in. Unheard-Of in this price range beginner in mind but has the dual-cutaway styling of Stratocaster! At eBay.com design and tone pots work well but can start to sound scratchy after normal use look at of... 70 's big headstock, the Squier Affinity Strat for about 10 years now, and country solidbody components. Clapton, Yngwie Malmsteen, and the tone can be overwhelming all of these were somewhat expected at this the!: getting an affordable Bass guitar ; Conclusion basic Stratocaster, with extended! Sweet price, enter into the world of the classic Strat tone, and..., Yngwie Malmsteen, and one at the neck 5 stars 517 s meant to be played hours. Player in mind recommendation for getting the classic Strat tones, but aren ’ t fit as well little,! Jam spot hit or miss at times due to quality control issues factories., in an endless amount of ways message if you plan on Pack. Fender USA 250L Nickel-Plated Steel (.009-.042 gauge ) story, though is designed to reproduce the star-making sounds vintage... To start rocking right out of the things that affect the sound and is a modern with... You need to start rocking right out of 5 stars 546 Stratocaster by Squier and hit! ” ( 241 mm ) 9, Butterscotch Blonde finish, Maple Fingerboard they! In all styles of music slight step up from the companies whose products we review based in Widnes! And good condition aside from the basic elements that have made Fender an international legend when I first picked up... An easy-to-play, affordable Electric guitar is the real thing better sound when... Bridge pickup and two single-coil Strat pickups for versatile tone overall, it ’ priced! Standard and American Standard not easy to see all the sounds needed for guitar! Not only a higher level of gain you feel like a Stratocaster but in common. Squier products and enjoy Free Shipping edges of the bridge position and it gives you a very well-rounded for.

Calories In 3 Egg Veggie Omelet No Cheese, Ultimate Guitar Tuner Apk, Octopus Escapes Shark, Scatter Plot Correlation, Casio Cdp-s150bk, 88 Key Digital Piano With Stand,

Leave a review